I had my follow up appointment with my oncologist today, after my allergic reaction to the new chemo drug last Friday. He decided it would be good to go ahead with surgery now, rather than try another chemo I may be allergic to. So I am scheduled for a Breast MRI next Friday, the 22nd, assuming my insurance will cover another one already. Then we meet with my surgeon on Monday, July 25th to go over the results and talk about surgery options and dates. If I cannot get scheduled quickly enough, I may have to have more chemo in the meantime to make sure the tumor does not start to grow again.
The tumor has shrunk considerably. It was half the original size a few weeks ago, and it has shrunk even more since then. As Eric pointed out, it’s a good sign when the doctor has to ask “The tumor was right here, right?” 🙂 Yes, it’s still there, but a bit harder to find now. We’ll have a better idea of how things are after we see the MRI results. I can’t wait to compare how things look now with the first MRI before the chemo back in March. I would love to be able to say My God is able to do “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.” (Ephesians 3:20) I know many of you are praying that the cancer will be taken away completely. Wouldn’t it be awesome to see those prayers answered in the results next week?
No matter what happens, I know “that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28) I know that He has a purpose in all of this, even though I may not understand it right now. I am trusting in Him as we look to what lies in the days ahead. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers!