We are overwhelmed and standing in awe of how God has provided for our needs through so many family, friends, acquaintances, and even those we’ve never met before! Over the last two weeks we have received monetary gifts totaling over $8,000! Wow! In addition to that, we have received gifts of food to stock our freezer and our pantry, so many that we had to clear shelves in the basement to set up another pantry area! We have received many gift cards for other food, household items, and whatever needs our family has.
This has been in addition to all the meals and freezer meals that have been given, those that have done housework and odd jobs for us, and those that have provided childcare and rides for our children. It seems even before we realize a need there is someone there to provide for it! We truly, truly can attest to the verse Philippians 4:19, “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” We can only stand in awe of how God is providing and say thank you for the love and generosity you have shown our family in our time of need!
Another way God is providing is through a great community effort headed by a group moms with kids in Bennington schools that I am privileged to join with in a weekly Bible study. They have felt led to put on a Benefit for our family on Sunday, December 2nd from 11am-3pm at Bennington High School. They have been working very hard to get things up and going. Look for more information to be coming soon! If you are interested in helping out in some way, you can email or contact me and I’ll put you in touch with the right people. 🙂
Eric has been on furlough (benefits, but no pay) with his job for over a month now. God has provided a contract MS Excel job that Eric was able to complete last week that will provide to cover our bills for this month! We are so thankful for God’s perfect timing with this job furlough. Eric has been able to care for me as I recovered from my two surgeries in two weeks, take care of the kids, and complete household responsibilities, in addition to his normal pastoral duties.
Eric has been actively pursuing a variety of work possibilities. We are praying for God’s wisdom in what to do next. We do receive 40% of our monthly income through missionary support we have already raised from churches and individuals. We are praying about whether God would have us take a step of faith that He will provide the other 60% needed for us to be full time missionaries, or continue pursuing other job possibilities at this time.
Medical Update: We did receive the results of our pathology report from the last surgery and there were again NOT clear margins. However, much of the remaining cancer is in the lymphovascular area, which cannot be removed with surgery. Our doctors have recommended NOT to continue with another surgery at this time, but to move on to chemotherapy to control and fight the cancer that is left. My chemo oncologist is consulting with other top breast cancer oncologists around the country to confirm his recommended treatment plan or offer alternatives. Our options are much more limited, needing to use chemo drugs that will not affect our precious baby. There are some that are proven to be safe after the first trimester is completed, so we anticipate beginning chemo in the next couple weeks. (I will be 11 weeks this Friday.) Please pray for wisdom for our doctors and for us as we make these decisions. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!
Ephesians 3:20-21: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”