We had our biophysical profile (ultrasound) this morning. Baby Asher is doing great, but the amniotic fluid is very low.This was one of the possible side effects of taking the Herceptin chemotherapy, so I will not be able to take any more Herceptin until after Asher is delivered.
My OB had me admitted to the hospital for monitoring and fluids. They are going to keep me overnight and evaluate the fluid levels again around noon tomorrow (Tuesday.) If there is an increase in fluids, we hope to be able to get them up to a good amount to continue the pregnancy as long as possible to give Asher the chance to develop more fully in the womb. If the levels do not show any signs of increase, we will have to consider delivering early, even possibly tomorrow.
Asher continues to be very active in my tummy today, and the ultrasound shows good movement and blood flow! He is doing great other than the low amniotic fluid. Please pray that we will see the fluid increase and that God will give the doctors, medical professionals, and us wisdom in the decisions that come tomorrow.
Little did we know yesterday, when Eric was preaching on having joy amidst trials, that our next trial was waiting for us today. God continues to give us joy and peace as we look to what the next step is on this journey! Thank you all for your prayers!
“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4