One of the names of God in the Bible I have come to know well is Jehovah-Jireh which means “The LORD Will Provide”. God has provided, continues to provide, and will provide in the future! He continually provides help, encouragement, strength, wisdom, and grace for each step of this journey. I have composed a Thankfulness List and invite you to rejoice with us and thank God for all He has recently done according to His plan and purpose in our lives.
I’m Thankful For…
- An amazing husband who consistently seeks God’s will for our family and is my best friend who seeks to love me as Christ loved the church, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. (He even cooks and cleans as necessary!)
- Energy to volunteer in my kiddo’s classrooms and the PTO this school year, working with AMAZING kids, parents, and staff
- Energy to see our kids and their friends in all of their end of school year concerts, awards ceremonies, picnics, and graduations. We officially have a 7th, 3rd, & 2nd grader now! It’s a precious gift to see each of them grow in their love for God and their love for those around them, each in their own unique and creative way.
- Energy to spend time with the kids doing homework, reading, going to the park, playing ball in the backyard, playing games, and just being together
- Adam playing the song It Is Well With My Soul on the piano for anyone who will listen
- Faith composing and performing her own song at school about how we are never alone on the roller coaster of life-God is always there with us!
- Ethan’s hugs, snuggles, and ‘I love you until forever’s just when I need them
- Asher’s precious smile, sweet voice, expressive faces, and endless energy that spread happiness and joy each day. A perfect little miracle from God for me to teach and watch learn and grow each day! (And he still takes an afternoon nap so mom can rest up from chemo fatigue most days!)
- The opportunity to sing 10,000 Reasons with my family and reunite with precious friends and faithful supporters in Iowa
- Amazing prayer warriors that I meet wherever I go! There are so many that are praying for us around the town, state, country, and even around the world!
- The opportunity to meet some if my faithful prayer warriors while speaking at a Ladies Brunch and encourage them to be planting and watering seeds in their community wherever God takes them each day
- Dear friends and family to provide help around the house and with the kids
- An AMAZING community that has come together to provide countless meals and give us many special blessings to enjoy as a family this summer!
- Precious church family to encourage us as we live life together in Bennington
- The opportunity to worship our great God, greet and fellowship with my church family, teach application of Biblical truths in Jr. Church, and play in the nursery in our church each week
- An intern for our church this year to help with our church planting work responsibilities and experience church planting first hand (Thanks for all your work, Josh!)
- A spacious home always open to many encouraging visitors and dear friends throughout the year (Let us know when you want to stop by for a visit!)
- Energy to work with great community members through the Bennington Friends of the Library to provide learning opportunities and community events
- The kids (and Eric) spoiling me by decorating the house, making cards, getting me flowers, balloons, chocolates, gifts, and taking me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday! (Thanks for financing the endeavor, Dad!)
- My very first manicure/pedicure and a trim for my hair that is growing back! (Thanks to Project Pink’d, Inner Beauty, and Xenon Academy for hosting a pampering night for cancer survivors!)
- Time alone with my hubby! My knight in shining armor took me to a beautiful castle right here in Omaha! We also got to spend time working on some projects together, going out for dinner and ice cream on a whim, and spending time with great friends without kiddos running around. It was a wonderful break, but we sure missed our kiddos! (Thanks to our wonderful parents for keeping them for us!)
- Many love offerings from fellow Christians, sister churches, and missionary groups
- New free eye glasses provided for Eric and Faith
- Our own backyard garden to plant, water, and grow some of our own food
- Many gifts from friends, acquaintances, and even strangers to meet our needs
- Many cards, emails, and messages to encourage our hearts in the day to day
- A quick and full recovery from my 10th surgery in April
- Many medical options for my continued chemo treatment to battle my cancer
- Caring and compassionate nurses, doctors, and medical staff that are walking this cancer journey with me and cheering me on
- A scholarship to cover my entire medical insurance deductible for this year (Thanks to the Patient Advocate Foundation and its donors!)
- Wonderful chemo friends to share the ups and downs of the cancer journey with each week
- Peace that passes all understanding, knowing my Sovereign God is in control and wants to work all things together for good (Even my cancer journey!)
- A loving, gracious, and merciful God who is working out His perfect plan for our lives
With such an amazing list of blessings, I can only praise God for how He guides and provides. Thank you to each of you that have been and continue to be part of the provision God has given to our family! Each member of Team Wilmeth plays a vital part in our lives. Because of each of you I can truly claim the words of Psalm 23:
You may be wondering what the Recipe Tweaks in the title refers to. As we look to what lies ahead, we are once again preparing for change. Until this week, my new chemo regimen of Xeloda and Herceptin seemed to be at least keeping the cancer from growing. My side effects from the Xeloda got progressively worse each round to the point that some adjustments would have to be made this week to continue. But in the last week we saw the cancer begin to grow again on my right chest area. The new spots on my back also showed some changes. So once again a change in my treatment plan is coming next week. Will you pray for wisdom for my oncologist as he researches treatment options and decides what tweaks are needed this week? Pray that the next step will be clear to us and we can rest in the promise that God is faithful and He will make a way for us once again.